Yields: 8+ Servings
*Check this Cannabis Cooking Calculator for the Perfect dose.
Saving Note: Use discount code 'mb421' to get 30% off your Magical Butter. Limited quantity. Discount code is active from today until Sep 30, 2018. Order here.
- 1/2 cup Tahini (a sesame paste, this is one of the "secrets" to make good Hummus, make sure not to add more than you should, otherwise it will ruin the recipe.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed without seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- Tablespoon of ground cumin
- Water to reach the desired consistency
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish (Optional)
- Paprika for garnish (Optional)
- A food processor or blender
- Drain the chickpeas into a strainer and rinse under cool running water. If you'd like a guaranteed smoother hummus, you should pinch the skins from each of the chickpeas, which may take time. Or you can buy the type of chickpeas cans that is already blended and good to go. I don't find them often in the Walmarts and the Safways of our world, you have to go to the small ethnic, particularly middle eastern, grocery stores. If you've never been to one, I encourage you to. They have variety of products that may, or may not, blow your mind.
- Combine lemon juice and the tahini in the blender. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Add chickpeas, garlic, Cannaoil, cumin and 1/4 cup water.
- Blend until smooth. Add more water if needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Salt and black pepper. You can also add hot sauce or red pepper if you like it spicy.
- Pour hummus in serving bowl, or store in the refrigerator for later.
- I like my hummus a bit spicy, so I usually add couple jalapeno poppers to the mix and blend it. Or you can simply add your favorite hot sauce.
- Chop a little bit of parsley - add and stir it with the mix, or add it just on the top. I don't recommend blending it, the flavor will be lost in the mix, also your hummus will turn into green. If you wanna try it out, go for it and let me now what you think. But it won't have the the beautiful tradition "hummus bil tihini" color.
- Also if you want to go above and beyond, there are couple of things you can add on the top before serving. Just on the top, don't mix it with the hummus.
Related article: Magical Butter Machine Review - It Actually Makes The Best Cannabutter
That's all for now folks. Stay toasty...
Ayad Maher is a Cannabis Industry Entrepreneur, Blogger & Activist. eCommerce Specialist and Owner of a 420 Life Style Website; Monroe Blvd, an online smoke shop; 421Store, and an online CBD store; GoodyCBD.
Editor's Note: This post was originally published in December 2015 and has been completely revamped and updated as needed for accuracy and comprehensiveness.